SHPE Austin Scholarship
The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Scholarship fund is established for persons of Hispanic Heritage demonstrating aptitude in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). Students must be a high school senior attending an Austin-area high school [located in Travis, Hays or Williamson counties] or be a currently enrolled college student attending a 4 year public or private University in the Austin area [located in Travis, Hays or Williamson counties], have a minimum GPA of 2.5, and be of Hispanic heritage. Aplicants should intend to pursue or currently pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics, and intend on being a full-time student for the upcoming academic year. Preference will be given to current SHPE or SHPE Jr. members.
- Supplemental Questions
- If you are currently a member of a university SHPE chapter or SHPE Jr. Chapter, which chapter are you a member of?
- What is the name of the university you will be attending in the upcoming academic semester?
- What is the major you are currently pursuing or will be pursuing?
- What is the minor you are pursuing or will be pursuing (if applicable)?
- List all prior and current community involvement below.
- Dates of Involvement
- Describe your community involvement with this organization.
- Organization Name
- List all prior and current work experience.
- Dates of Employement
- Employer Name
- Please list your hobbies below.
- Please upload a copy of your current resume.
- Short Essay or Video -- We want to know a little bit about you! You have the option in this section to either write a 100 word blurb abbout yourself or upload a short video of yourself. For both options the prompt is: Tell us about yourself and why you are interested in a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics. Select below which response option you will submit.
- If you decided to submit the video option please upload a video URL below responding to the prompt: tell us about yourself and why you are interested in a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics. Please see help text for important details.
- If you decided to submit the short essay option. Please respond to the following prompt below: tell us about yourself and why you are interested in a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- Essay: Please write an essay (not to exceed 500 words), in reply to the following prompt: Technology is advancing at a rapid pace. If you could create the next world-changing technology, what would it be and how would it change the world?
For the purpose of this essay, assume that technological limitations do not apply. Let your imagination run wild!
- Show 7 more