Querencia Residents' Scholarship Fund for Employees
This fund was established by the residents at Querencia Barton Creek to offer scholarships to the employees of the community. Applicants must be current Querencia employee and have been employed for at least one year and at least half-time. Directors, officers and members of senior management are not eligible. Applicants must plan to attend an accredited institution offering post-secondary education or a specialized training program and demonstrate financial need. This opportunity is for the Summer 2020 semester.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please classify your application below.
- Have you worked at Querencia for at least 52 weeks?
- Are you currently employed at Querencia?
- Have you worked an average of at least two shifts (15 hours) per week during the 52 weeks prior to the date that you submit this application?
- Number of years employed by Querencia:
- Hours/week worked:
- Department in which you work:
- Supervisor's name:
- Supervisor's Title:
- Highest level of education completed
- Name of last school/program you attended:
- Please list below the certifications you have completed:
- Program of study, degree, or certification you plan to pursue:
- Name of the institution/school offering this program:
- Have you applied to this program?
- Have you been accepted into this program?
- When does the semester/term begin?
- Costs (for the semester/term for with you are applying for scholarship support)
- A. Tuition Costs
- B. Lab and other fees
- C. Books
- D. Other program costs (please specify)
- Please list all current scholarships you are receiving:
- Course Plan: Please list all course numbers and titles you plan to take during the semester/term for which you are applying for scholarship aid.
- Essay Topic 1: What are your current goals and how will your current courses help you accomplish these goals? What are your long-term career aspirations and your educational plan to meet these goals?
- Essay Topic 2: Describe a personal accomplishment and the strength and skills you used to achieve it and/or explain how you think your proposed program of study might help you serve the elderly more effectively.
- Applicants need 3 letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must be from a supervisor, teacher, instructor or co-worker. Please read the help text for important information.
Please provide your teacher's, supervisor's, instructor's or co-worker's information below for them to complete your FIRST recommendation form.
- Please provide your teacher's, supervisor's, instructor's or co-worker's information below for them to complete your SECOND recommendation form.
- Please provide your teacher's, supervisor's, instructor's or co-worker's information below for them to complete your THIRD recommendation form.
- A transcript showing your grades, credits earned, and courses for your completed academic work is required with this application and should have been submitted on your general application. An electronic copy downloaded on the internet from the academic institution is expected. Please go back to your general application to update this if need be.
If you are currently enrolled in an academic program and final course grades are not available, please see the option below.
- The Selection Committee will accept a statement from your teacher giving his/her estimate of your current grade. Please put their information in the space below and they will be emailed a statement form.
- Please provide a statement of your current goals and future plans and how these courses will help you accomplish these goals.
- Is there anything else that you would like the Scholarship Selection Committee to know about you? If so, please describe them here, such as school activities, volunteer activities, honors and/or awards.
- I hereby certify or affirm the following:
All information on this application is true, complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. If selected for a Querencia Residents' Scholarship for Employees (QRSE Fund), I authorize the Querencia Scholarship Selection Committee and the Austin Community Foundation to use my name/photo in media releases.
- Show 24 more